Sophie la Girafe – Natural Rubber Teether Toy
Sophie la Girafe – Natural Rubber Teether Toy – Flexible & Squeaks
The most beloved teether for over 55 years! This little giraffe has been a family favorite for decades! Help your baby to stop teething pains and sooth their gums with this natural, baby-safe teether. Sophie la Girafe is the perfect size for your little one to hold and chew, and features a squeaker to keep babies stimulated.
Sophie la Girafe Details:
- Sight: The dark and contrasting spots all over her body provide visual stimulation and make her easily recognizable to baby. She soon becomes a familiar and reassuring object.
- Hearing: Her squeaker keeps baby amused, stimulates his hearing, and helps him to understand the link between cause and effect.
- Taste: She is very flexible and has lots of parts for baby to chew (ears, horns, legs). She is perfect for soothing baby’s sore gums when teething and is completely safe. Made of 100% natural rubber and food paint.
- Touch: She is perfect for baby’s small hands. She is very light and her long legs and neck are easy for baby to grip. She is very soft to the touch, just like baby’s mummy, stimulating soothing physiological and emotional responses.
- Smell: The singular scent of natural rubber (from the Hevea tree) makes her very special and easy for your child to identify amid all his other toys.
- 0+months. Made in France.
The Story of Sophie la Girafe
In those days, the only animal toys available were farm animals and pet figures … That is why one day in France, a certain Monsieur RAMPEAU, who was an expert in transforming the latex from the HEVEA tree using the rotational moulding of rubber as a toy-making concept, came up with the idea of designing a giraffe. Such an exotic wildlife figure would be a first on the market, and its size and shape would be ideal for a baby’s small hand to grasp.
Sophie la girafe, who looked exactly the same than she does today, went into production on a Thursday, May 25th, hence her name. She was an immediate success. Young parents immediately recognized that she was a must for their baby… When the first signs of teething appear, Sophie la girafe helps babies stop crying! By simple word of mouth, the little giraffe’s fame spread. From then on around the world, generations upon generations of children were to love hearing Sophie squeak whenever they pressed her tummy or head! To this day, Sophie la girafe is still “traditionally“ produced, a process that involves more than 14 manual operations.